Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Smith Family Christmas!

This year I was able to make it into town for My mom's family Christmas. They did things a little differently this year. We had Italian food. We had Manicotti, stuffed shells, lasagna, salad, and bread. My cousin's wife Jerri made the most adorable spaghetti and meatball cake to make a festive dessert.

We all had so much fun, especially because everyone was able to come!The Matriarch (Nancy) and Mom.

Brian, Michael, William, and Luke enjoying the stairs.

My Cousin Jenny with her Son William, Christy & Luke

Christy and I matched so well!

In the Smith family we have a tradition that is more than 50 years old. In order to keep the true meaning of Christmas involved with our gift exchange and dinner we ALWAYS read the story of Christ's birth just before opening presents. Each kid has (probably) read the story at least one year. This year Jenny's son Brian asked to read it. Which is what is taking place in this picture. It was just an added bonus that Luke got to be in the picture too :-)

Robbie and Bailey hanging out before dinner

Jerri and her cake. Doesn't it look like pasta?

Jerri and Cori hanging ouy

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

I'm still in shock at how big Jenny's boys are!! Time flies...

Memories of babysitting Kevin and Brian are flooding my brain....good time, good times :)