Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day .50, and day 1

So Michael left for Venice,LA on Monday. The morning was anything BUT uneventful!

We got up and made coffee for us and his parents, sister, and brother-in-law. Had a nice breakfast with them at our apartment. Then Michael and I headed to Indianapolis to catch his flight. We had google directions in hand and everything ready to go. EXCEPT for the fact the INdy moved airports a year ago, they didn't take down signs to the old one, and google gave us directions to the old one! Helpful, huh? We finally made it to the new airport at 11:05AM. Michael's flight was scheduled to leave at 11:35AM. He actually did make his flight because it was delayed (Hallelujah).

Meanwhile, I left him at the airport and headed to my friend Alicia's house. I admit that I shed some tears, but quickly had to calm down because I was driving Michael's 5 speed and had to concentrate. Alicia and I had fun hanging out, and I got to meet her 3 day old niece, Lillie, what a cutie! Lillie's poor mommy had to go take a final exam, so I got to help babysit. Alicia and I went shopping and ate at my favorite restaurant too.

Michael arrived in New Orleans around 5:00

I spent my first very paranoid night at home. It was uneventful.

Day 1

I woke up and got ready for work. When I went outside I was in a winter wonderland! Naturally my windows were super icy, and I opted to take Michael's car instead of my own. As I was heading down a hill I started sliding and enede up doing a 180 onto the shoulder and was facing oncoming traffic. Luckily I didn't actually hit anything. I called Michael to ask how to proceed. He told me just to try and get back on the road, but there was wayyy too much traffic. Finally a nice police officer stopped traffic so I could get back on the road, and I was on my way again. What a scary drive to work!

I spent last night at the hotel with one of my coworkers. She and I enjoyed the pool and hot tub area, and had a nice evening. I slept really well here, I guess the hotel feels safe and secure to me! (I had a free room to use as an employee)

1 comment:

Susie said...

It's nice to see that sometimes it is ok for the flights to be delayed. Not often though.