Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A new tradition!



Over the summer Mom, Dad, Nick, Christy, Luke, Layla, Michael, & I went to Spring Mill State park. Spring Mill is where my parents went on their honeymoon and has been a part of our family outings for as long as I can remember. Here are a few pictures of our trip:
So, you're asking what is the new tradition I speak of? We got to thinking while we were there about how cool the Inn at Spring Mill was.
We had been talking about how big the Hammond family has gotten and how difficult it is to accomodate everyone at a family house for Christmas dinner. We also have so many other places to go that it has gotten hectic. Especially when you factor in Christmas being on a Sunday this year!
Nick and I got together and found out infoabout Clifty Inn in Madison. We put together a brochure (I'm such a nerd) and presented it to the entire Hammond family as an option for Christmas dinner. We also mentioned that we'd want to do it before Christmas so that we will get to spend lots of time there.
Everyone LOVED the idea, and we will be spending a stress free evening at Clifty Inn in December. Our dinner will be buffets from the hotel restaraunt! There is a pool, hot tub, game room, fire pit (outside), and all sorts of gorgeous scenery. Some have opted to stay the night while others won't. I am more excited about Christmas dinner with the Hammonds than I have been in years!

No comments: