Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 5

Well day five was a relaxed day for the most part. Mom and I got up and ready and went shopping. This surprises you, right? We didn't really buy much other than a few really great deals. We also went to William's bakery for Thumbprint Cookies, my favorite! We then attempted to meet my dad at Richo's in New Albany for AMAZING pizza, they were closed though. We ended up eating at the Spaghetti Shop instead, which was still pretty tasty!

Then we came home and relaxed for a few minutes before it was time for me to hit the road. I picked Hollie up in Sellersburg, and away we went. We ran into some bad snowy conditions about 20 minutes from West Lafayette, but once we got through that 4 mile patch it was smooth(er) sailing. We stopped at my apartment first so me (aka fraidy cat) could unload the car while someone was in the apartment. That way I didn't have to continuously lock and unlock the apartment. I also wanted to start my car so it would be ready to start this morning. Well, naturally my car wouldn't start ( I have been driving Michael's car since he left). I tried and tried to get it to work before I took Hollie home, but no dice.

When I got back my dad asked me to go downstairs and try again. Lo and behold it worked! I let it run for awhile and cleared the windows while I was talking to dad.

Then I locked myself into the apartment for the night and spent some time on the phone with various people. I think my friends Julie, Samantha, and Josiah may come over this evening if we don't get the amount of snow the weather people are calling for!

It is good to be home...I guess.

No comments: