Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Days 3 aka Christmas Eve


Day 3 was Christmas Eve!


I woke up at Debbie and Joe's and we had the most delicious almond paste coffee cake. Debbie makes it every year for Christmas, and it is just about my favorite thing. Then we listened to the Cambridge King's College Choir Service of Nine Lessons and Carols. This is an old Caruso family tradition. I headed towards my parent's house around 11:00am.


My dad and I have a tradition that goes way back. We would always go out to buy last minute gifts for my mom. Also, we always make a point to have a nice lunch that my mom would normally not want to join us for.


After our shopping Dad & I stopped in to sneak little bit of Luke time in. We then proceeded to go home and wrap our selections. Well, I wrapped...


At 6:00 we headed over to aunt Deb's house for a small Christmas Eve gathering. It is a really relaxed evening. Anyone that wants to come is welcome, bring a small cheap gift, if you want to. This year we played bingo for gifts. It was different, but it made it fun for everyone. I spent most of the night chasing their cat, Riley.


After the party we went home for the unwrapping of gifts to mom and dad from Michael and me, as well as their gifts to each other.

No, my mom didn't join a cult. Dad bought her a Snuggie...

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

Love the snuggie photo :)