Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What-a-week!

Tuesday- My mom and I went to the reception hall with our chief reception hall decorators, Marlena and Deina. Michael, my mom, and I had gone to the hall about a year ago, and we loved it! Lots of open spaces, clean walls, and best of all NO SMOKING! That is relatively rare for an American Legion. Anyway, back to the present. We walked in and noticed 5 things right off the bat:
1. Bingo board on left wall
2. Bingo board on right wall
3. Bingo table in front of room
4. Smelled of smoke
5. Walls were terribly scuffed up

We were shocked to say the least! We had no idea that they were using the place as a bingo hall now! I hate the smell of smoke, so I was immediately sent into a bridezilla shock! I was nearly in tears. Then we started brainstorming how we could make the hall what I had envisioned. We have nearly everything covered, and Tawana wonderful Tawana said something today that made so much sense, she suggested that we plug in some air fresheners in the night before the wedding, so that the smell would at least be toned down for the next day. Thank goodness she said that, or I would still be freaking out.

I also got yelled at by a customer at work for something that wasn't my fault...some people!

Wednesday- I slept very little Tuesday night and when Michael called me at 6:20 this morning I knew that sleep was going to be difficult for me to find again, so I went downstairs to see if my mom was awake, she wasn't but her bed sure looked inviting, so I decided to give her bed a try, and it worked I slept until 9:30! Ahhh sleep! Then I called Megan Birke, to finalize lunch plans at Cici's. Lunch was amazing as always...Whatcha doin' next week Megan? :-)

Anyhow, my mom banned me from doing wedding stuff for the day. She told me that we were getting too stressed and that a day off was in order. So other than meeting with Brian for our final premarital counseling session today was weddingless for me!

I ordered my mom's birthday cake and shopped for her present a little bit. Michael and I went to the fair after counseling and I got the BIG BAG OF COTTON CANDY! I got my flip flops that have been pining for all summer! They came in from LL Bean today!

Tomorrow is back to weddingworld around here, but I am promising myself that I won't allow too much stress to build up! Good luck with that...

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

I am free every day for the rest of the week! Just give me a call if you need a detox/lunch date again! ;)