Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just what the doctor ordered

I called Megan Birke today while I was out running a few wedding errands, because I was contemplating where I would get my lunch from. I asked Megan if she was interested in having lunch, she said yes. I felt kind of silly for calling out of the blue, but I am really glad that I did. Megan is one of those people that exudes happiness, and every time I leave her company I leave with a more positive outlook on life. While I won't say that I have been unhappy lately I will admit that my stress level is slightly...elevated.

Spending a few hours with Megan ended up being just what I needed. She knows exactly the emotions and stress that I am feeling. We are both relatively young "brides" who have/had never lived away from our parents. Also, Megan and Chris got engaged only a few weeks before us, so we have kind of been going through the same things from the get go. It was a fantastic lunch and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful friend in my life.

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

Oh my goodness! I was just about to write a blog about our wonderful lunch but you beat me to it! I'm not going to even try to top that ;) You are so sweet Laura! You should never feel silly for calling me out of the blue! I am so glad I could help relieve some stress for you! It was just what I needed too. I was just talking to Chris about our lunch. I told him that there are some people that when after you've been in their company, you feel blah and sometimes down on yourself. But you have a way of making me feel so uplifted and giving me an esteem boost! I loved loved loved our lunch! And I love you too! You are a very special person and we can't wait for yours and Michael's big day!