Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hammond Family Reunion



July 5th was our second annual Indiana Hammond family reunion. There is a big family reunion in New York State, but as grandma and grandpa get older it is getting harder and harder for us to all make the twelve hour trip. So we decided to keep traditions and such alive we should have a local reunion.

I had never been out to Maria and Brian's before. It is really farrr out in the country. It was really nice! There was plenty of room to roam about, a "zip line" for the kids, and a turkey in the back of Brian's parents house. I was thrilled that I got the turkey to gobble at me! I had never heard a turkey gobble. They are also really not very pretty birds.

We feasted on pork, hamburgers, and hot dogs. There were also a plethora of other side dishes. I personally enjoyed a hamburger and a chip salad.

After the family reunion we back to Michael's house to paint the hallway for Michael's parents. We also got his parent's christmas gift updated lights for the hallway, as the other lights were straight out of a 1976 horror movie, I swear!

No comments: