Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

RARAH!

Smokey is our family's pet cat. She is thirteen years old. Over the years she has learned some interesting tricks. When we lived at our old house she stayed in our screened in porch while we were gone, and was allowed in the house when we were home. In the screened in porch she would do a "flip" off of the step leading in to the house on command.

When we moved into our current house she took up residence in our unfinished basement when we were away, but as always was allowed into the house when we were around. We guess she didn't really like the basement because less than a month after we moved in she learned to open doors by jumping, and hitting our lever-style doorknobs.

We have taught her how to weigh herself, by saying, "let's see how much you weigh." She always obliged and was promptly rewarded with a treat.

She comes not only to her name, but also to the word TURKEY!

However, the most interesting thing that this cat has ever picked up on is this:
My mom has always called my name LAURA! when she needed me. About 3-4 years ago Smokey began to pick up on this and began yelling my name when she was hungry, upset, needed to go downstairs, or wanted attention, it sounds like this RAHHHRAAAA!!!! It is always said as an almost scream.

Michael refers to me as RARA when I say or do something silly, and now it seems as if Luke might be catching the RARA fever. I have a feeling I will be known as Aunt RARA to my nephew.