Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Things that make me happy

Lately I have been finding myself happy in different ways than usual.

1. Normally I try to spend as little time as possible in our basement. There is nothing down there other than the cat pan and storage. However, Michael and I are using my basement as a sort of home base for all of the new stuff that we will be moving in just about a month. Lately I have been finding myself in the basement more and more, looking at our new "toys." I have even caught myself sitting on our plastic wrapped couch on more than one occasion.

2. Normally I am not a "neat" person. I don't mind if my room gets more than a little messy. Lately though I find myself longing for things to all be in there rightful places. This doesn't always happen, but I at least have the urge, which should make my mom very happy!

3. I want to cook, and I want to try new foods. For those of you who don't know me very well you probably don't realize that I like only a handful of foods. I have been trying to like new things, because I want to be able to cook for Michael, but also for me.

4. Response cards to the wedding are just about the most exciting things in the world! (If you didn't receive a response card, don't worry we didn't send out responses to family or people that we pretty much knew were coming.)

5. I love having a tan. I can't remember the last time I felt this good about my skin color. I know it sounds superficial, but being just a little dark makes me feel very good about myself, and I'm not really dark at all!

6. As crazy as this sounds...I like packing my things! I can't wait to be Michael's wife, so this shouldn't be as surprising as it is, but I am really enjoying packing my things and labeling them!


I don't know why these things seem so exciting to me, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my upcoming "nuptials" have something to do with all of my slight oddities!

Now on a wedding front I will fill everyone in on what wedding stuff has gotten accomplished...

We picked out our cake design.
We ordered our favors.
I chose what flowers I want to use.
I got some necessary underthings for my dress.
We have complete database of wedding address information.
Invitations are out.
Thank You cards for the shower have been completed.
I am meeting with our DJ today.

I think that covers just about everything!

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

If #5 makes you "superficial", than I guess I'm superficial too! I feel so much better about myself when I have a tan.......as I'm typing this I'm wondering why most of the year I allow myself to be pale if that is true? hmm.... :)