Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bridal Shower

Last Saturday was my bridal shower, and I had been looking forward to it for weeks. I went about last week as usual I worked Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. When I got home from work I ate some leftover Papa Johns cheese stix. I went to bed a few hours later and was rather looking forward to helping Julie (my maid of honor) get things set up at the church the next day. I woke up around 3 AM feeling very ill. I thought it was just nerves or something, but it ended up being much more than that. I ended up being sick all day on Friday with a whole gambit of wonderful symptoms that I will spare you. Anyway I ended up going to the doctor and getting a phenergen shot to stop my vomiting. I got home and slept the entire rest of the evening with a few trips downstairs for Gatorade and crackers. I was so worried that I was going to be unable to make it to my own shower!

I woke up Saturday morning feeling weak but otherwise ok. I got up and went to my shower, which was a miraculous thing in and of itself. Julie, her mom, and my mom had done a fantastic job decorating! I got tons of wonderful gifts, and Michael was really excited to come over and see my loot! We went through everything together that evening, and stored things to be moved to our apartment in August.



Me with my other Maid of honor Alicia


No comments: