Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Abandoned!

Abandoned is exactly what I was around 3:45pm yesterday. I was left in the middle of the Ross Ade Stadium parking lot (Purdue's football stadium). I drove my car there and got into Michael's car. Michael drove my car home, and there I sat in a car with a manual transmission.

The mission: teaching myself to drive a 5 speed. I was told to call Michael when I was finished driving through the parking lot or, see him at home.

I spent about 30 minutes driving through the lot, and got dizzy from driving in circles. I decided that it was time to move on to bigger and better things. I won't lie I had a little trouble especially when I stopped on a small slope. But I was determined to make it home. Once I got out on the open road it wasn't so bad. I also tried several hills from a complete stop. I made it home about 45minutes to an hour after Michael had dropped me off. Of course I was proud a peacock!

Tonight as is tradition on Sunday nights we are having pizza. I will take Michael's car to get the pizza. I will be hauling precious cargo, hope I can handle it!

The ultimate goal is to get me to a point where I am confident driving his car so I can help with the drive to Ocean City in August! Also, we are certain that my car will one day die, I mean it's 11 years old for crying out loud! I am on my way!

Also, while I was off gallavanting in Michael's car he was in out parking lot working on my right turn signal that has not worked for about two years. He was able to fix it with a $15 part! Now I have to retrain myself to use my turn signal :-)

Yesterday was a big day for Caruso cars!

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

You go girl! I'm going to have to learn how to do that someday :)