Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Myrtle the Cavalier, aka Cavi, aka my car

If my car were a human being, she was placed on life support earlier this week. This is the car that my parent generously gave me for my 16th birthday. I have driven it for nearly 8 years now. Recently we have begun having issues with Myrtle, and we decided to take her in for a checkup.

The prognosis: NOT GOOD!

They used to say that the average use of a car is 10,000 miles a year, so based on that, my 1998 cavalier is 12 people years old and 120 car years (think dog years). This car has been fantastic, and engine-wise is in ship shape condition, it is the other things that are going wrong.

On a funny note, my dad asked if he needed to bury my car next to Smokey. Thanks dad!



Myrtle,

It has been great getting to know you these past 8 years, but the time has come for us to go our separate ways. I know your new owner will love and care for you. You've been an amazing first car, and won't soon be forgotten!

hugs, kisses, and fazolis breadsticks on your floorboards,
Laura


So, the shopping continues for my new car. We went to chicago today, and found a Mazda6 that we are interested in, I'll post pictures when we find our car!

2 comments:

Hers and His said...

fazolis breadsticks on your floorboards...? hahahaha

Laura Caruso said...

My car was always a mess and frequently had leftover fazolis bread sticks lying around!