Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend with Luke & family and a political rant

This weekend Michael and I made a visit to Charlestown. We had a great time visiting (and shopping) with our parents. I'll let you guess who went shopping and who didn't :-).

The most wonderful part of the weekend was getting to spend soo much time with Luke! I miss my mom dad, nick and christy like crazy too, but not seeing luke for a month has been tough! I cannot believe how much he has grown! I saw him friday, and then he spent the night at my mom's house on Saturday night, so I got to play with him all night and starting at 4 the next morning! I can't say that I minded being up that early too much though, it is rare that I have the oppurtunity to see Luke so I feel like I really "drank it up" this weekend!

I also got to spend some time with aunt Deb! I miss her so much, and that is a little strage because I didn't really see her all that often to begin with!

Church on sunday was great! I was sad that I didn't get to see Brian, Maria, and Brooklyn but Josh delivered a great sermon! My mom and I both let Megan Birke know that I was going to be in that sunday and would love to see her (my mom and I didn't know that we both had said something to her). Megan and Chris did come to CIC, and it was so great to see her pregnant and adorable self! I have really been missing her! Even seeing her for the 10 minutes that I did was uplifting!

Now...on to another topic completely. This election makes me nervous. It has never been so important that we get someone in the oval office that really knows what is going on. I have been trying and failing thus far to get a job. We are praying dilligently and so are both of our parents. I don't think that my lack of job has much to do me, but more with the fact that the economy is in a really bad way right now. But I would also like to point out that it CANNOT ALL BE GEORGE BUSH'S FAULT!!!!! From the year of his innauguration on, he has had to make decisions that other presidents have not! 9/11/01!!

I also am having a very hard time with Barack Obama. Some of you might remember that I got to meet Obama. Well take it from someone who met the guy, I don't think that he is honest. I feel like he made SEVERAL promises that he had given little to no thought about. I don't like to be patronized, and that is how I feel every time he speaks. He has a better than you attitude that I do not appreciate.

However John McCain and Sarah Palin do not make me feel that way. Governor Palin is definitely the most down to earth politician that I have ever encountered. I also really don't think that now is the time to throw a young LIBERAL into office. Yeah, that is just what our country needs during a crisis, to elect a president who seemingly doesn't have strong moral standards! If people think the country is in trouble with a person of morals in charge, I can only imagine the country with Senator Obama in charge.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

The scary thing is that Obama is conecting with so many people your age because he talks of peace and how he is going to change the world. We need more young people to take a stand and see him for what he truly is, an inexperienced non-american and possibly the anti-christ!!!!!!!!! Okay, maybe I am getting a little radical but I know how serious this election is. The unborn babies depend on us to take a stand as Christians and make a difference in our world. I am proud of the woman you have become. Keep it up!!!!!
Leigh Ann

Hers and His said...

Ohh boy...you don't wanna get my Mom going about that one! :)

I was soo happy I got to see you too! I just wish we could have had more time to catch up in person! It makes my day that you still think I'm adorable even with my protruding belly ;)