Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Michael's parent's visit...Nick and Christy's visit, and my job!

It's nice to be back...at work that is! I am doing another temp job here at Purdue. I am in the same hall I was in last time, just a few floors up. The lady I worked for the first time recommended me. This is a relatively short job. I started Tuesday of this week and it ends Wed. of next week. But Michael and I are glad for the money, and I am happy to be bored somewhere other than my apartment!

I have had a sort of rough week. I hadn't been feeling well for about a week so yesterday I finally went to the doctor. The doctor confirmed what I thought was wrong with me, uti. I got my medicine and now I hopefully am on the road to recovery.

Last weekend Michael's parents came up for a visit. It was nice, a little cramped because they stayed with us, but overall enjoyable. We went hiking, and to a Mexican bakery and groceria. Michael's mom is fluent in spanish and likes to try the food too. We got several dessert items. They also bought fresh steaks from the Purdue butcher, I didn't eat any, but they got rave reviews. I did however, make the sauce for the pasta we had with the steaks. I make this really amazing (if I do say so myself) sauce. It is basically an alfredo sauce with less than 1 tablespoon of flour. I can't eat alfredo sauce at restaurants because they thicken their sauce with WAYY too much flour. I prefer to thicken mine with cheese! Anyway, Debbie and Joe have made that before, but they never like theirs. They loved mine! Joe even complimented me on getting it perfecto. YAY! I also made homemade biscotti for the weekend. It is a family recipe that Joe's mother used to make. They were a hit.

Sunday night after the Caruso's left my brother called to tell me that he was going to come up to visit if we were going to be in town. I was so thrilled! They are in fact bringing my favorite baby in the world...Mr. Luke Hammond himself! Yay! Tonight we are making bragiolle (i can't spell it) it is pronounced bra and like Angelina Jolee's last name. If I haven't explained this before this meal is thinly sliced pork loin rubbed in olive oil rolled with bread crumbs inside (another family recipe of bread crumbs) placed on a skewer and broiled. We will also be making a repeat of the same fettuccine alfredo from last weekend.

I cannot wait to see Nick, Christy, and Luke! Although I am looking forward to a weekend with just Michael and me soon!

Oh, and Go McCain Palin!

No comments: