Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

For Elizabeth

There is this lady, Elizabeth that I worked with at the Jay C store in Charlestown. She was the type of person that always took up for the person that was sick, always willing to pick up an extra shift and is just a generally great person to work for. When I left the front end at Jay C, I began to see less of her because it was rare that we were in the same place at the same time. When Michael and I got engaged I told Elizabeth, and she was one of the few people who acted like they cared!

Now let's fast forward a bit, the last few weeks that I worked there Elizabeth had not been feeling well. It turns out she had pancreatic cancer. About a month before I had given her an invitation to the wedding. She was excited and planning on coming. In fact she was the only person I really expected to come to the wedding from my work. She bought a new dress for the occassion, but didn't make it to the wedding. She was hospitalized the morning of our wedding.

I was in the Jay C store a few weeks after the wedding, and she told me what had happened. She is still working there, and is still the sweet person that I remember working with! Elizabeth has no family that I am aware of.

It was so rare to find someone working at Jay C with such a positive friendly attitude, but Elizabeth definately did! If any of you can remember her in your prayers I would appreciate it, because she is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever encountered!

No comments: