Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Me gusta mi familia!

I was a little too emotional earlier this week to explain what was going on to make my week so rotten. I will give you a few reasons:

-Smokey, my 14-year-old cat, is having trouble breathing and can barely make it up the stairs from the basement to the first floor. Most likely she will no longer be around in the next few weeks. I am having a really hard time with this.
Me with Smokey today. I sure love that cat!

-My work schedule got drastically changed. Without asking me, my manager changed my schedule from Monday-Friday to Tuesday- Saturday. That situation has not been resolved and it looks like I will be working 6 days straight. Please remember me in your prayers this week. I am battling a bad attitude about work in general, and it is taking all I have to be nice about it!

Now, I did have an absolutely fantastic weekend this last weekend that I will have off for awhile.

Friday night we headed home since Michael is on Fall Break Monday and Tuesday. We made brief stop in Edinburgh because I needed to pick something up for my mom and I had an additional 20% off coupon at the Coach outlet. I ended up getting a really cute scarf that had been $38 for $12. Pretty good deal.

After the Coach diversion, we headed to Michael's parent's house for dinner and to hang out for the night. We had a great time catching up with them.

Saturday mom and I decided to do a little light shopping and get home by 1:00. We went to St Matthews and ended up having a fantastic shopping day! I finally got to spend some of my birthday money. I bought a jewelry box, which is something I have been searching for, and it was 50% off. I also got some great deals on winter/fall clothes. Including a $10 pair of jeans!
The jewelry box

While mom and I were finding good deals Michael spent the day building a wooden box for Smokey, because I was worried about her being buried. He is so good to me, even if it was a sad situation.

Saturday evening I visited with Grandma and Grandpa for awhile. Then, Nick, Christy, and Luke came over to Mom and Dad's house for dinner. We had such a good time. I looove that Luke knows and loves me. I love that he asks for AUNT RARAH by name!

After Nick & Co. left we settled in and watched the movie Fireproof. It was a fantastic movie and I strongly recommend it for couples!

Today we went to CIC, had lunch at Rocky's with Nick & Co, and spent the afternoon together.Luke driving his car!

Mom and Dad @ Rocky's

Luke saying "Cheese" and sticking out his tongue.

We had a great time together, and I cannot wait to see everyone again, I adore mine and Michael's families!

When we got home tonight there was a package waiting for me in the mail. I got a birthday present from Michael's sister and Brother in law. They got me a pair of Victoria's Secret Purdue sweatpants! Super exciting!

No comments: