Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

For Smokey Furball Hammond 3rd grade- October 13, 2009




Smokey continued to get worse health wise, and my parents were forced to do the humane thing and put her down. The vet put her in the box that Michael made for her, and she is wrapped in a piece of one of my favorite blankets, the rest of which was kept for me. I know it sounds absurd but if she could understand me these are the last words I would have said to her:

Dear Smokey,

You have been the most amazing cat that anyone could ever ask for. I couldn't have asked for a better companion these last 14 years. I selfishly wish that I could have kept you forever, but I know you were in pain and it was time for you to go. What a joy it was growing up with you.

I cannot imagine how empty that house and basement must feel without you there.

I will eventually have another cat, and she too will be special to me, but no cat will be as special as you. No other animal has ever held a candle to the love that I had for you.

Even though you hated me sometimes like when I put Christmas bows on your back, or dressed you in a pink tutu, I know that I was ALWAYS your person. You just wouldn't have admitted it.

I love you girl, and I will never forget you!

Love,

Laura

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

I'm sorry, Laura. I know how sad I would be if it was Rufus. At least you know she's not suffering anymore.