Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lake Michigan Trip

When we were planning for mom's 50th party we had originally planned it for her actual birthday July 18th, but Nick and Christy had planned to leave for their vacation on the 18th. We had here party on the 11th, but I was bummed because I wanted to be with the Birthday girl on her actual birthday. They decided to come up to visit us in West Lafayette for the weekend. Then we also decided that we should do something fun so we drove up to Michigan City, IN to visit lake Michigan.

Friday mom and dad got to our apartment around noon, and we hit the road. The lake is really only about an hour and a half away but we encountered construction and detours making it about 3hrs away. Not to mention my parent's GPS told us that our hotel was at a church... but we finally made it. We checked into the hotel and rested a few minutes before heading to the Indiana Dunes State Park. After some beach walking we all went to a restaurant called Gelsosomos Pizzeria it was fabulous. After dinner we headed to the outlet mall in Michigan City.

Sarturday, Mom's birthday, we went back to the Outlet mall and bought virtually NOTHING, and then went to a different park where there was a lighthouse. We headed home shortely after that.

This weekend trip was also our 1st Anniversary gift from Mom and Dad. I can't believe that we will have been married almost a year!





Funny story about this picture. As Dad was taking it
a lady passed by and saw my hand signs and said is that 50?
I said that it was her birthday and the lady said, "You sure don't look it,
maybe more like 25!''

1 comment:

Hammond Empty Nest said...

Laura,
Your Dad and I had a great time at Lake Michigan with you and Michael. You made my birthday EXTRA-special, and I love you very much. You are so precious to me!!!!