Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Door to door sales people

When I posted the apartment pictures I explained that the reason for sign on the door. We have had so many people at our apartment complex trying to sell us magazines. It is really starting to become a pain. The other day one of the salespeople was in the complex. Michael was sitting on our couch with the front windows open, studying. The salesperson proceeded to talk through the window to Michael. Michael said thank you, I am not interested. (this was before our sign was put up) The guy told Michael through our window that he needed to get some personality. That same night we had someone come to the door. This time I answered. Yet another salesperson. He went on and on and I finally said I'm sorry but I need to finish cooking dinner and we aren't interested. This guy's name was Zach.

After that, we had enough. We printed out our sign and put it on the door. The next evening Michael got an email (sent to all purdue accounts) from the police. saying that two salespeople were scamming students and other out of credit card information, as well as money. One of the names that the police talked about was a guy named Zach.

I am really glad that we didn't 1 have the money, or 2 have the want for any of his magazines. I also felt very glad that God had given both Michael and me the common sense to refuse people when we need to!