Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Date & Debate Night

Michael rolling out the dough.

Our candle lit table.


My calzone before it went into the oven.


Dinner is served!

Yesterday morning I decided that I would begin making some tomato sauce for last night. I began making it and thinking that it would be super fun for us to make Calzones. When Michael got home from class we started making the dough for our calzones. This meal was done "Caruso style" aka homemade.

While the dough was rising, and the sauce was simmering Michael and I relaxed and watched one of my favorite tv shows.

Around 5:30 we were ready to start putting together our dinner. However, we had run out of pepperoni for his calzone. I agreed to go to the grocery store, and looked at the ad to see what else we needed. I asked Michael if it would be ok if I got some candy corn, because it was on sale. He said that would be fine.

Well I went in and picked up the candy corn and some pepperoni. I called Michael to see if a certain brand of pepperoni was ok, he said yes but sounded dissappointed with the quality. I got off the phone with him and wandered over to the deli to see if they had anything better. Well they did but it was all expensive. I went to the deli counter and saw that they had one of Michael's favorite calzone fillings, Prosciutto, it is like a very thin Italian ham. We normally don't buy it because it is $11.00lb. I put my candy corn down, and decided that I should buy him enough for a calzone.

Meanwhile, while I was at the grocery store thinking of him, he was at home thinking of a way he could make the night special for me. When I got back he had found some classical-italian restaraunt style music, and it was playing softly in the background. He had pulled out four candles and lit them, so we could have a candle light dinner.

When I showed him the Prosciutto he got excited and it was immediately worth not buying the candy corn! We had a wonderfully romantic dinner at home, and then we ventured out to watch Purdue's improvisation club. It was soo funny and free! After the show we took a stroll through campus (one of my favorite things to do).

We came back home and watched the presidential debate until I couldn't take the sound of Barack Obama's voice any longer. Then we watched the 1975 version of the Stepford Wives.

What a perfect evening!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww - you cut your hair to give him a chain for his pocket watch. Very sweet.

The Tibbs World said...

you are killing me! hehehe you two are too funny!