Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Luke's 2nd Birthday!

Here are a few pictures along with some brief cute stories from Luke's party...


Luke and Nana play the piano together all the time. He won't let anyone else like Aunt Rarah or uncle Michael play piano with him, it is a nana thing. Once during the party Luke took Nana's hand and said Nana "pano" and led her to the piano. Naturally my mom didn't just want to start playing with everyone there. After people had started to leave and Luke was off playing somewhere Nana started to play the piano. I was playing with Luke and as soon as he heard the piano he screamed NANA!!! and ran over to where my mom was playing.

Luke and Lex are "fiving" in this picture. Lex is the son of my mom (who is adopted)'s brother Terry's daughter. Terry and my mom lost touch over the years, but we kids have recently begun talking an catching up via facebook. To make a long story short, it was fantastic to see Emily and Amy. I hadn't seen them in 13-15 years!


I'm afraid these last three pictures don't have cute stories behind them.

Luke is more and more amazing every time I visit. He seems to be learning so much here lately! He is sleeping in a big boy bed and will soon be on the way to potty training! I am always happy that he remembers me after periods of absence, and he always does. His little face just lights up when he notices me in a room. He is saying aunt Rarah all the time now and Mike too. Today was the first time that Luke had ever asked Michael to pick him up (I'm not sure Michael knew what to do though).

Luke,
you are the best nephew I could ask for and even though I can't be there all the time just know that you are in my heart every day. You brighten my days and you don't even know it. Every day since you have been born has been a blessing to me!
Love,
Aunt Rarah

No comments: