Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Our anniversary weekend part 1 & 2

Friday:
Michael and I loaded up the car with food and soft drinks and headed up to lake Michigan. I even drove his car (remember it is a 5 speed) in practice for our LOOONG trip to Ocean City next weekend. We only stopped to look in some store for a bathing suit for our vacation. Thank goodness I FINALLY FOUND ONE!

We arrived at the park and had a picnic lunch. Then we changed into our bathing suits and planted our behinds in the sand (more like chairs). We had a great time playing in the water together. We hung out on the beach for about 4 hours before we took a scenic drive and then headed home. We both had some of our favorite things for dinner, taco bell for me, Buffalo Wild Wings for Michael.

The view from the top!

Climbing the dune.

Feeding the lake gulls

Below the sand dune.


Standing on top of the sand dune.

Saturday:
Today we mostly just spent time together enjoying each other's company and getting things ready for next weekend. We went to goodwill and bought a garment bag for travel, and boy was I surprised when I looked really closely (after I drowned the thing in Lysol), I found a travel iron in it! It folds over and I am super excited about it! Haha.
Our "new" travel ironfolded over. It works!

Tomorrow is our actual anniversary and we are planning on exchanging gifts and going to dinner. Otherwise I am not sure what we are going to do, but I promise to try and take pictures!

A side note: I was named employee of the month last week at work!

No comments: