Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Working (haha)

So I am currently at "work". Work is in quotations because I have done nothing of note all day. I'm not complaining, if someone wants to pay me good money to sit on my bum all day, I'll take it. However it does get a bit cumbersome after 6 hours of it. For those of you who don't know I am currently temping for Kelly Services and I am at Purdue for 2.5 weeks working as a secretary for the mechanical engineering department.

Other stuff

Michael and I are thrilled that our mugs from Tawana came in this week (they had been on back order) as well as the serving bowl from some of Michael's parent's friends. YAY!

We have finally gotten pretty much everything that we need for the apartment. Michael got me signed up at the Co-rec (gym) at Purdue, so now I can go work out at my leisure. Michael and I are going out on our date night tonight, yay! I think we will end up at Arbys though, as I am pining for curly fries. We had talked about going biking tonight, but it is a rainy mess here. I'm not too disappointed, because Alicia Hedlund is in town for the weekend helping her boyfriend get moved in, and Forrest and some of our other friends are back in town again!

Quick Story
Michael and I have had an almost obsession with making sure that our apartment looks like that of an adult. One of our friends broke some glass in his apartment last year, and for the remaining six weeks of the semester he told people visiting him not to sit in a certain chair because he had broken glass. When we asked him if we could sit there yet, at least a month later he replied "No" because he had yet to take the time to clean up the broken glass.

Here's the feedback that we got about our apartment.
Alicia came by the apartment last night, so did Forrest. Both of them liked our apartment, and commented that it didn't look like a college student's apartment. Forrest said it was classy, comfortable, and inviting. Alicia commented that it looked big, and that we had used our space well and "EVERYTHING MATCHES!"

I have to say that I am proud that we have accomplished our goal and I promise I will try to have pictures of said apartment up by the end of the weekend!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of the apartment! I'm so jealous that you all can make your own furniture!!

I know what you mean about sitting there doing nothing - I worked for Kelly Services and other temp agencies for a couple of summers. I started out gung-ho ready to work, but most places don't give temps anything to do other than answer the phone. So, I finally did start taking a book with me!! :)

The Tibbs World said...

Still waiting on apartment pics!!!
; )