Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Michael's birthday weekend

Kurt, Forrest, Michael and me after B-day dinner.

The Birthday cake!

Luke playing with the puppy at Memorial day dinner.



Michael's birthday was Saturday! He is 23 now. I worked Saturday morning, and headed up to Michael's house to celebrate the day with his family. One of our friends from Purdue and IUS, Forrest and one of his friends, came down for Michael's birthday dinner (Michael went to IUS before Purdue, which is where we met). We went to our favorite restaurant Sportstime aka Richo's aka New Albanian. We had a fantastic time at dinner, then Forrest and Kurt came back to Michael's house and we played bowling on the wii! After they left Michael and I decided to drive over to waterfront park. We walked around and enjoyed the beautiful weather and talked. As much as I love spending time with his parents and our friends, it is always enjoyable to do something just the two of us.



Sunday morning before Michael came to pick me up for church I went to dairy queen and got his birthday ice cream cake! He loves their cakes, but his parents normally make him a birthday dessert rather than buying him one. Then we went to church, came home and celebrated his birthday all over again. We had pizza for lunch and then we had cake. I even made sure that Michael was good and embarassed by making my family sing happy birthday to him. The cake was amazing, and so was the rest of the day. We spent the rest of the day with family. We made a quick Sam's club run with Nick and Christy, and then we watched tv together, after that we went to my aunt Deb's house to see the new puppy. We also stopped by Grandma's house.

Yesterday My aunt had a memorial day dinner with the Hammonds.

It was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

Happy Late Birthday to Michael!