Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chelsea Clinton at IUS!

Chelsea speaking at IUS

Me posing with Chelsea Clinton at IUS






Today Chelsea Clinton visited IUS. Being the politically minded citizen that I am I decided that despite my republican affiliation that I would attend, and find out what Hillary Clinton's campaign is all about. While I am still not pro-Hillary, I do have a newfound respect for Chelsea. She opened the floor up for questions, and I was able to have my question about Social Security answered . After she spoke I got the chance to speak with Chelsea for a bit, she was surprisingly down to earth.

Chelsea Clinton is 28 years old. Her dad was elected president when she was twelve years old. She has been in the spotlight because of her parents all of her life. Sometime during Bill's presidency when Chelsea was between the age of 12 and 20 her father was impeached, for having an affair on Chelsea's mom. That is a lot to deal with at such a young age. I have to admire the grace with which Chelsea has presented herself throughout her life.

I didn't like Bill. I don't like Hillary, but somehow the two of them got something very right with Chelsea.

2 comments:

The Tibbs World said...

I don't know if I should be happy or a little scared that you got your pic taken with Chelsea.

Sulayne said...

I was thinking the same thing!!!