Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sarah Palin

Anyone who really knows me knows that I am a die hard Republican. I've been interested in politics for what seems like forever. I think that voting is one of the most important things a person can do.

Anyway....

Michael and I have been in Iowa for his job for almost two weeks now. As soon as I joined him out here he was put on night shift, which has been super stressful because we are staying in one very small hotel room. They also had plans to work right up through Thanksgiving. Unfortunately we were unable to go home for the holiday or Luke's birthday :-(

My silver lining in all of this was a poster I had seen at Borders. Sarah Palin was signing copies of her new book yesterday. They had a HUGE turnout, and I knew that if I wanted to go I needed to be competitive. So, yesterday I went to Borders at 6AM and sat outside in line for 3 hours. Happily I was one of the first 100 people there which meant I got a gold wristband guaranteeing me a spot in the first line for that evening.

I went home and slept for awhile. Then got ready and headed back around 4PM. I was probably 25th in line to meet her. She was absolutely awesome! When she walked in she greeted everyone. Then her daughters Willow and Piper handed out bookmarks. When I met her I simply told her that it was a pleasure. She replied that the pleasure was hers entirely.

I went home on a "Sarah Palin high". I couldn't take photos, which is understandable. But Michael did take this one of me holding my signed book. This is a look of pure excitement!


This was such a blessing for me to get a chance to meet her! I don't really believe it was a coincidence that things happened the way they did. It is wonderful to serve a God that knows what little things will make me smile!

No comments: