Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

What an amzing God we serve!




I realize that I just posted a blog a few hours ago, but evey time I see or hear anything about this recent news story I am overwhelmed by the power of the almighty God that we serve.

That plane that went down in the Hudson River a few days ago is such an amazing story. Those on board said that the water landing felt like nothing more than a rough landing, but when they retrieved the plane the underbelly of the plane was torn, and badly damaged. The worst injury was one of the flight attendents had to have a few stitches in her leg.
The pilots of course are being heralded as heroes, as they should be, but there is no doubt in my mind that God wanted to spare those lives. Maybe there was someone on that flight that was teetering on the verge of salvation, or maybe it was meant to be a wake-up call that no matter how good we are, how advanced the technology, or how bad the situation looks God can take the worst situation and land YOUR plane as gently as he did that one.

Was this a sign to our country that we still need God? It seems that people are so bent on fighting against religion in public that they miss the miracles right in front of them! I feel that our nation is not only in financial trouble, but we are headed toward moral bankruptcy. Please pray for our country. In God we trust is printed on our currency, and he has been faithful to us as a country, this averted tragedy should be evidence enough, but in 2009 I challenge people to really trust in God, I am nowhere near as perfect especially in this area. But my resolution for this year and every other, is to be more faithful to my savior and the heroic pilot of my plane.

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

I couldn't agree more! That was an amazing story.