Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A fun oppurtunity!

A few weeks ago, while I was in Charlestown Michael's sister Maria called to ask a favor. She asked if I would be willing to fly to Denver (using their frequent flyer miles) to help babysit Lincoln (whom I had yet to meet) while they were packing up their house to move back to Louisville! WOULD I?! I was initially thrilled but soon I realized I would have to face one of my least favorite things...flying. Not only flying, but flying alone!!

I had nothing going on last weekend, so I agreed to go. I put on a brave face, but inwardly I was terrified. I realize this sounds silly, because I know who ultimately had control of the situation, but still I was a nervous wreck. I flew out of Chicago Midway Airport on Friday, 10/15 with my MP3 player loaded with the Christian Comedian, Chonda Pierce & Casting Crowns. The flight left at 6AM, and could not have been any smoother! Also, Frontier Airlines has tvs on the head rest of the seats so I watched Saved by the Bell from take-off to landing :-)

Once I arrived we headed straight to Maria & Chris'. I met Lincoln who was not my biggest fan...yet! Over the course of the weekend we bonded. I took him to the park every day, and we played with toys etc. by the end of the weekend I would venture that I moved up in the ranks by leaps and bounds!

I headed home early Monday morning. It was hard to say goodbye to such a sweet little boy! But, it was comforting to know they were moving back to Louisville!

The flight back wasn't nearly as smooth as the one to Denver but I put the Casting Crowns song Who Am I on repeat! I also kept thinking of what my mom told me before I left "the God of land is the God of the air too". (Isn't having faithful Christian parents the best?!)

Here are a view pictures of Lincoln (by the way he is 7 months old right now)

No comments: