Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Let me start out by mentioning that birthdays in our family have always been kind of a big deal. Not so much in Michael's family. So, as wonderful as having a nice quiet birthday at home with just Michael and me is GREAT, I was super excited to see that my birthday fell on Saturday of Labor Day weekend!

Michael's job requires long hours, sometimes 12-13hr days. He also has to work Saturdays, thus leaving me bored out of my mind! Well, last week he was asked if he would drive to Indy to see how this one part of their project was being done. He thought he would have to go early in the week, but managed to hold them off long enough for us to go on Friday on our way home! Which meant a whole extra day with Michael!

Friday after our stop in Indy we ran by the outlet mall in Edinburgh :-) We headed to the Caruso's for an hour and then had dinner with two of our good friends at Richo's in New Albany, my fave! It was great to see Julie, my oldest friend, and Forrest one of Michael and my college buddies. (I should just mention that the two of them are not dating, we just wanted to see both of them)
Saturday morning I woke up at Debbie and Joe's house. For breakfast Debbie had made my favorite, Almond paste coffee cake. Normally she only makes it once a year at Christmas in the shape of a Christmas tree. She made mine in the shape of a cat! YUM! They got me an ice cream maker. The new-fangled kinds that doesn't need rock salt and does most of the work for you! I can't wait to have some homemade ice cream!
Mom and I did a little shopping on Saturday. Then we had birthday dinner with Nick, Christy, and Luke, Mom & Dad at Rocky's. When I got there N, C, and L were already seated. I started to slide in next to them and Luke stood up to give me a hug. Christy seemed especially interested that I look at his shirt which said "Big Brother #1" I think I screamed and hugged them both! What a wonderful birthday gift! I can't wait to be an aunt again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We spent the rest of the evening together at Mom & Dad's opening b-day gifts, and sitting on the back porch listening to Nick play guitar. My 24th may have been my best birthday yet!

Sunday we went to CIC, (YAY!!!!). After church the entire Hammond clan came over, along with Debbie and Joe, and some of the Smith family for Labor day dinner. Again, it was just a laid back relaxing time!

We headed home on Sunday night because we had yet another exciting day planned for Monday.

This is the entrance to the old railroad bridge in Louisville, that Michael
did layout for!


No comments: