Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Our week

Monday was our anniversary! Michael told me that he couldn't get my gift just yet, but he took off early from work and brought me home some flowers!
We got a ton of rain early on in the week that caused Michael's job site to flood and basically be unworkable. I was able to eat lunch with him and even do a bit of shopping with him. He was also able to come home REALLY early every day! That was a great anniversary present in itself!

Friday Michael had planned to take off early because we had to be in Connersville, IN for a rehearsal dinner for our friends Samantha & Josiah. I was a bridesmaid (although I think the term is actually matron). We always have a blast with them, especially considering that the four of us share the same political views!
The wedding was pretty and things went well!
After the reception Michael and I headed to Indianapolis for our anniversary celebration. We had a free night at the Holiday Inn North at the Pyramids. If you don't know what this is, it is the holiday inn with an indoor water park. Our free stay also included water park passes!

We went to Keystone mall, aka the Fashion mall where Michael got my anniversary gift! I got a Tiffany ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always loved their sterling silver jewelry! Of course he made me wait until later that night to open it.

We then went back to the hotel, got situated and went to Dave & Buster's for dinner. Michael & I had never been before but it is like a Chuck E Cheese for adults. They also serve steak and other things rather than just pizza!
We won 833 tickets in total, but we only had enough to win...
Homer Simpson!

Finally, when we got back to the hotel Michael let me open the pretty box!

The cool thing about the ring is that it is a ring inside a ring, called an interlocking circles ring. I love it!

Sunday morning we got up, had breakfast, and played for hours at the water park before heading home!

No comments: