Crazy Caruso's do Chicago!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thank you Lord!

Yesterday I made a mistake at work. Not a little mistake like mis-pronouncing a name, no I forgot to order the morning USA Today newspapers. Which affects everyone in the hotel. I made this realization around 5:30 last night. I immediately called work and Libby our manager tried to order them. The deadline had passed at that point. I was terrified that I was going to be in loads of trouble.

After crying and trying every single possible option for contacting the paper people I got down on my knees and prayed. I asked God to help me with the situation.

Shortly after Michael and I went to church, even though I was upset. Ever feel like the preacher talked specifically to you before? Last night's message "Have faith." The pastor gave an example of a guy at the church whose house burned to the ground last week.

God was in control of that situation, is he not surely in control of mine?

All of that being said, I went to bed last night and tossed and turned before I started praying (again). I finished my prayers and went to sleep.

This morning I called the girl who is here all night to see if the papers were delivered. She said yes, 37 papers were delivered. Granted 37 was not enough for everyone, but when I first started doing the ordering online it had asked what my default amount was, and I didn't pay any attention to it and typed the number of papers I needed for that day. Which was 37.

God really came through for me. He knew all along that there was a reason for the default thing that I IGNORED! He is so much better prepared than I am . I am so happy to serve him.

1 comment:

Miss Emily said...

A little Faith goes a long way! What a wonderful lesson! ;)